Bikram Yoga Benefits
Benefits of the 26 Bikram Yoga postures
In Bikram Yoga we perform 26 postures, we will review the benefits for health that each of them provides.
- Strengthens the lungs, improves lung capacity and efficiency.
- Promotes mental relaxation, eliminates sleep disorders, high blood pressure, stress and irritability.
- Bring fresh, oxygenated blood to each and every cell in the body.
Ardha-Chandrasana with Padahastasana
- Eliminates back pain.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles by improving the flexibility of the spine.
- Strengthens and maintains the waist, hips, abdomen, buttocks, and thighs in good physical condition.
- Improves flexibility in shoulder joints, eliminating pain caused by stiff shoulders.
- Strengthens each and every one of the leg muscles by improving the flexibility of the hip joints.
- Strengthens the arms.
- Improves blood circulation in the joints of the knees and ankles.
- Helps to relieve discomfort of sciatica.
- Prevents and eliminates arthritis.
- Work the 14 main joints of the body creating pressure on the joints and then releasing them, allowing fresh and oxygenated blood to flow.
- Develop balance, control and concentration.
- Promotes circulation by improving the central nervous system, the immune system and the reproductive system.
- Develop concentration, patience and determination. li>
- Strengthens the abdominal and thigh muscles. li>
- Better the flexibility of nerves of sciatica. li>
- Strengthens the tendons of the hamstring and thigh. li>
- Increase concentration, determination and patience.
- Increases circulation to the heart and lungs.
- Improves the flexibility of the spine by balancing bodily energies.
- Regulates the menstrual cycle.
- Helps reduce and eliminate pain in the lower back.
- Strengthens the hips, buttocks and upper thighs.
- Improves flexibility, strengthens and tones the muscles of the shoulders, arms, and joints of the hip and spine.
- Improves circulation, strengthens heart muscles, increases lung capacity.
- Removes blockages in the arteries, serves as a prevention of heart problems.
- Eliminate depression and memory loss.
- Increases the circulation of oxygenated blood to the brain.
- Open the hamstrings by lengthening the spine.
- Eliminate digestive problems.
- It is an excellent cardiovascular exercise, with very little movement.
- Increase stability.
- Thighs, abdomen and arms tone up.
- Build a better general alignment of the body through strengthening the legs.
- Extends the spine, opens the torso and extends the shoulders that allows the operation of other physiological systems (cardiovascular, digestive, etc.).
- It’s good for the frozen shoulder.
- Helps regulate hormone levels.
- Helps to create awareness of hunger, helping with eating disorders.
- Help with: constipation, colitis, low blood pressure, menstrual disorders, appendicitis, spondylitis, etc.
- Helps balance the adrenal glands and the production of cortisol, the stress hormone.
- Regulates the function of pancreas and kidneys.
- Balances blood sugar levels.
- Increase the level of serotonin and memory.
- Works the thyroid glands.
- Improves mobility of the hip and knee joints.
- Improve body posture and balance.
- Eliminates rheumatism and circulation problems.
- Develop mental concentration by creating balance between body and mind.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles and helps prevent gout, knee arthritis and legs.
- Strengthens weak joints.
- The cardiovascular circulation returns to normal.
- Reduces heart rate and blood pressure.
- Promotes total relaxation.
- Massage the colon and prevent digestive problems.
- Normalizes the production of stomach acid.
- Stimulates the liver, intestines and spleen.
- Improves the flexibility of the hip joints and eliminates lower back pain.
- Strengthens the abdomen.
- Exhalations to the open mouth stimulate the diaphragm by eliminating toxins from the lungs.
- Strengthens the lower back.
- Prevents osteoporosis.
- Works cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacrum and coccyx.
- Strengthens and lengthens the upper back.
- Promotes the strengthening of muscles around the entire spine with the help of isometric pressure.
- Balance the strength on both sides of the body.
- Strengthens the middle back.
- Improves high pressure and extension of the back.
- Works the entire spine, eliminates back pain and scoliosis.
- Keeps the vertebrae in the proper position.
- Strengthens the quadriceps and the inner part of the muscles of the thighs.
- Open the shoulders, neck and throat.
- Stretches and strengthens the psoas muscles.
- Stretches knee and ankle joints.
- Eliminates low back pain.
- Thin thighs, tones abdomen and calves.
- Helps to cure problems of sciatica, gout and varicose veins.
- Help prevent hernias.
- Stretches and lengthens shoulder muscles.
- Lengthens the entire spine.
- Realizing this position, the body is in a state of maximum realaxation.
- Cures indigestion, constipation and insomnia.
- It’s good for emphysema, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- Increase blood flow to the brain by improving memory and mental clarity.
- Open the chest.
- Strengthens the muscles of the back and shoulders.
- Increases the flexibility of the neck and spine.
- Produce maximum compression of the spine.
- Stimulates the entire nervous system.
- Releases emotions by opening the heart chakra.
- Stretches and lengthens the lower back.
- Helps maintain the mobility and elasticity of the muscles of the spine and back.
- Nourishes the nervous system allowing the flow of blood to the brain.
Janushirasana con Paschimotthanasana
- Increase blood flow in the legs and brain.
- Increases the flexibility of the spine and hamstrings.
- Increase the flexibility of the muscles of the shoulders, hips and the last five vertebrae of the spine.
- Stretches the sciatic nerve.
- Increases circulation to the liver, spleen, pancreas, thyroid, thymus, and intestines.
- Improves the flexibility of the nerves of sciatica, as well as the joints of the ankles, knees and hips.
- Improves digestion, kidney function and expands the solar plexus.
- Twists the spine completely, preventing herniated discs, scoliosis, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Increases the circulation and nutrition of the nerves, in veins and tissues of the spine.
- Eliminates lethargy, depression and releases tension.
- Helps cure vertigo and dizziness.
Kapalbhati in Vajrasana
- Improves oxygenation of the body.
- Eliminates toxins by filling energy and revitalizing the body.
- Promotes mental clarity and alertness.
- Excellent for the lungs.